Even though summer is coming to an end, there is still time to get some sun! If you plan to travel during the winter months or currently live in a warmer climate, these swimsuit recommendations might apply year-round. I love these brands because not only are they very stylish, but they are also Black-Owned businesses. Investing in high-quality swimwear pieces is great Below is a list of my favorite Black-Owned swimsuit brands:
- Rielli: Founded by Haitian-American Black woman Arielle Baril, Rielli is deeply inspired by vintage feels, romance, nature and nostalgia. Everything is hand-made.
- Andrea Iyamaha: Owned by Nigerian fashion designer Andrea Dumebi Iyamah, is a clothing line strongly inspired by ethnic cultures and elements of nature. Iit is often described as high fashion art and has been spotted on Michelle Obama, Gabrielle Union, Ciara, Issa Rae and many more style stars becoming an African resort wear cult favourite.
- Joues De Sable: Meaning “Sandy Cheeks” in French, Joues de Sable was founded by Dominique Celine, a Southern California native and bikini enthusiast. Swimsuits are made from the highest quality Italian Carvico and Indonesian Lycra fabrics, while also being sleek and signature shapes.
- Jade swim: This sustainable swimwear brand by former fashion editor & stylist Brittany Kozerski combines her minimalist aesthetic with innovative silhouettes and unique design details. Designed with multifunctional versatility in mind, these styles can be worn from day to night, from beach to city, as swim or ready-to-wear.
- Riot swim: Founded in 2016 by Monti Landers, RIOT is beloved for it’s luxe meets minimalist vibe. From bold hues to soft neutrals to menswear, the brand strives to remove that element of fear or hesitance that often comes with walking around in a bikini with the motto #RelaxItsJustAss.
- Casta mira: Influenced by the 70’s and 90’s aesthetic and founded by Wilhelmina model Chantel Davis, these body contouring swimsuits are sustainably made and timelessly designed.
- Lemlem: Sustainable and vibrantly patterned swimsuits inspired by Ethiopia, this brand also sells beautiful swim cover-up dresses. Founded by supermodel Liya Kebede, Lemlem is the first international brand made in Africa, with a core mission of inspiring economic growth in the region and preserving the local art of weaving.
- Misses brie: founded by International Model, Blogger, Social Marketing Expert, and Designer: Brielle Anyea. These swimsuits are colorful, patterned, and curve-friendly.
If you’re still debating where to plan your next beach vacation (so you can show off your new bathing suits), read through some of my favorite travel posts from my trips to Maui, Cabo, Mexico City, and Tulum!